Monday, February 16, 2015

Things I fail at: Updating My Blog

OHAIIIIIIIIII! 

Well, it's certainly been awhile since I've blogged. I've been "getting around to it" for about a week now, and I've finally felt so guilty that I've updated. 

Reader: So in other words, you're just posting out of guilt, you don't actually have anything to say. 

Me: No! No, no, no! I have plenty to say!

Reader: I meant anything of significant importance...

Me: Oh. Yeah, none of that...

Haha :D Just having fun there, just having fun. I do have some news, and since this is a blog about me and my writings, it's very appropriate for me to go on about my life. I have nearly a whole month to update you guys on! 







January 24th: I went to the Mississippi Karate Association's banquet and was awarded with a triple state championship and competitor of the year.

Reader: WOW, so right off the bat you're going to brag about yourself, good job. 

Me: I'm sorry! It's true though, all that did happen...

Anyway, it was a really fun event. It was my first year in the black belt women's division and I'm very honored with what I received. I worked hard all tournament season of 2014 and it was a really big deal for me. I went with two very dear friends/classmates of mine. The only thing that was better than the banquet was the friends that I enjoyed it with :D PLUS they served banana split pudding and AAAAMMMGGG it was so good. 

Reader: Incredible. 

Moving on! 

January 25th: Literally the day after the banquet was my one year anniversary for being a black belt. I don't remember what I actually did on this day, but that was a big deal for me. The day I had my black belt rank test is not one I'll forget anytime soon. It's definitely a memory I'll have for the rest of my life. So, here's a throwback picture of me when I just got through with my test and had my black belt on for the first time! Remember, I just endured like 4-5 hours of testing and I was extremely tired. My hair, though. 



February 5th: That day was a fantastic day! I had a book signing at my local library! It was my first book event of the new year and also the very first event where I sold Poisoned Battleground. It felt like a much bigger deal than it actually was because it was held locally. The idea that I'm like a local superstar is extremely intimidating to me, yet at the same time, why not me? I wrote some books, I'm putting myself out there. I'm here at a signing and if people are curious about my work, I'm here to answer questions! 

Well, I ended up selling a record number of books. There were people who came to the event just to say hi to me. I felt very lucky and lurved. The library was extremely accommodating and even put my event in the local paper. It really was a great signing. Here's a picture! The one next to me is my wonderfully swag cousin, Summer. She got some of her friends to come along and one of them bought us milkshakes. Like, who does that? Who just randomly shows up like "I got milkshakes!" There are no words XD



Quick note: I really do love my cousin Summer. She's like a shaken up can of soda and when you open her up she's like "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" and there's happiness all up in your face.

Okay. Well, I think I'm all up to date on all of the things that I've been up to. This feels good. Think of this blog post as a little filler, a quick up-to-date that serves as an excuse of why I fail at so many things. Haha :D 

I will be updating regularly! I have more news the Shinobi 7 Series and book reviews coming soon! Thank you for reading, dear reader. I hope you actually enjoyed reading about my life. 

Reader: I just wasted five minutes I'll never get back.

Me: Well, that's just life, isn't it?

Arigato!

~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment