Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: Eyes Like Blue Fire by Amanda M. Lyons

Heyo! It's December 2nd and my blog's one month anniversary was yesterday. I completely forgot. So happy belated birthday to, well, me! Today I'm reviewing the gothic vampire novel Eyes Like Blue Fire by the author Amanda M. Lyons.

Synopsis:

Katja has long spent her life buried in the pain and sorrow of her past, a vampire abandoned to her fate for over 300 years, she never expects to meet another who could help her reclaim her existence. Raven, a poet and fellow lost soul, could be the one to spur her on, but in order to have the future she has only begun to grasp, she must uncover the truth about her origins and the awful event which left her alone centuries before. If she cannot face her past and reclaim her strength, she will lose everything.



 
That's a great looking front cover, just saying. 

This book was a fantastic read. I'll give it 5 stars easily. Gothic vampire is definitely not a genre I read a lot in, perhaps ever at all. But Amanda's synopsis sounded interesting and I thought I'd give the genre a try. I must say, I'm a fan now. So kudos to Lyons because I'll be reading in this genre much more. I'm gonna read her sequel soon, in fact! 

What I liked best about this book was the main character, Katja. I've read other reviews of this book and most readers liked the character Zero. Well, he was my second favorite character. I found myself pulling for the protagonist, the auburn-haired vampiress Katja. The first half of the book was understanding her past and how she came to be a vampire in the modern day. I thought her back story was handled very well. It felt like I was on Katja's team, everything that happened to her was page-turning. 

The book had many flashbacks throughout it. While sometimes this can be confusing, the author did a great job of keeping the timeline simple and understandable.

The big finale was definitely great to read as well! All in all, this book has my 5-star rating and I'm very happy to have read it. 

To follow Amanda and find out more about her books, follow these swag links and get to know her! :D




Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amanda-M-Lyons-Author-and-Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment